Monday, December 2, 2013

Quilt Blocks in Honor of Saints Perpetua and Felicity

Saints Perpetua and Felicity (believed to have died 7 March 203) are Christian martyrs of the 3rd century. Perpetua (born around 181) was a 22-year old married noblewoman and a nursing mother. Her co-martyr Felicity, an expectant mother, was her slave. They suffered together at Carthage in the Roman province of Africa, during the reign of Septimius Severus.

The Passion of St. Perpetua, St. Felicitas, and their Companions is said to preserve the actual account of her arrest and imprisonment and her fellow martyr Saturus’ own account of his dreams (chapter ii and chapter xi). According to the passion, a number of catechumens were arrested for their faith and executed at the military games in celebration of the Emperor Geta's birthday (chapter ii). The group consisted of a slave named Revocatus, his fellow slave Felicitas, the two free men Saturninus and Seculdulus, and Perpetua (chapter ii).

 One of the symbols of St. Perpetua is a wild cow, probably because she was sent into the arena to face a rabid heifer. To download this free pattern for a 12" x 12" quilt block please click here: Quilt Block in Honor of St. Perpetua


Seven swords are a symbol of St. Felicity. To download this free 12" x 12" quilt block pattern, please click here: Quilt Block in Honor of St. Felicity


1 comment:

  1. I just want to share this here,
    I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in August 2010. A valuable friend told me about Dr. Itua Herbal Center in West Africa. She gave me her phone number and email address. I quickly contacted him to guarantee that his herbal medicines will heal my cancer and I will heal forever I said OK.I ask him what is the healing process, he asks me to pay the fees I did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine and then he asked me I told my friend Gomez about the herbal drug so that he gave me to go and drink it.So after drinking for two weeks, I was cured, I am so grateful and I promise that I will do it I recommend to anyone who has cancer and that that I am doing. Herbal medicine Dr. Itua makes me believe that there is hope for people with all kinds of disease or need herbal medicine for illness , Here is his contact information [Email ... drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. Web: www.drituaherbalcenter.com.
    Thank you once again blog admin.

    ReplyDelete